Former University of Montana-Missoula Students - Readmission

Readmission to the University After 24 Months of Non-attendance

If former students are planning to attend a summer session or an academic year semester but were not in attendance during the immediately preceding 24 months, then they must apply for readmission before being eligible to register for courses. Students should reapply by July 1 for autumn semester attendance, and by November 1 for spring semester attendance. See the Registrar's Readmission website for additional information.

Missoula College (formerly College of Technology) students must reapply for readmission at the Missoula College Registrar s Office (909 South Avenue) or online at the UM Admissions Missoula College web page.

Mountain Campus students (seeking baccalaureate or higher degrees) must apply for readmission via the Enrollment Services Office in the Emma Lommasson Center or online at the UM Admissions web page.

Some specific programs at the Missoula College require students who do not enroll for a semester or more (excluding summer) to apply for readmission into that program.

All students who are both in good standing and (i) currently enrolled or (ii) readmitted to the University may pre-register for the subsequent semester, unless a registration hold exists on the student s record.

Students previously enrolled at The University of Montana-Missoula who have interrupted their enrollment for more than 24 months or more must submit an application for readmission. Applications for readmission may be obtained from the Registrar's Office, the Griz Central Registration Counter, Enrollment Services-Admissions, all located in the Emma B. Lommasson Center (EL), or the Missoula College Registrar's Office.

Former undergraduate degree students who do not plan to change their status and who have attended another college/university since attending The University of Montana-Missoula, even if their absence from UM has been less than two years in duration, must submit college transcripts.

Former students who are applying for readmission must comply with Immunization Requirements as listed on the Curry Health Center website.

Former undergraduate students are not required to pay the undergraduate application fee unless they are changing from an undergraduate status to a graduate status or vice versa. The application fee is paid only once at the undergraduate level. For additional information, contact the Registrar's Office at 406-243-2939 or visit the Registrar's Readmission website for additional information.